Re: [NTLK] Another perspective on Graffiti and Rosetta

From: Scott Rogers (str1_at_swbell.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 01:20:14 EST

I've found that graffiti is best for me if I'm copying something, and
the newton HWR is better if it's something coming out of my own head....

Cheers
Scott

On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 12:03 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

This is an area where the Newton's expansion ability comes into play. I
use
"/p" to write a period, "/co" for a colon, "/c" for a comma, and several
others. I write "jpg" and it turns it into Jon Glass (as an example of
what
all expansions are good at). One could write expansions that add ".com"
or
the malpa (@) or "www." part of a web address. There are ways around
this
sort of thing, but I agree, once learnt, Graffiti can be
useful--especially
on the Newton, where you are reduced to the small box, but still have
the
power of the Newton's true pen-based, on-screen editing capabilities. I
love
to show Palm users how you do editing right on the screen, and they
always
wish they could do that on the Palm. With the Palm, you are always
forced to
do some tasks in the box, and others on the screen, and sometimes, it
doesn't make sense why...