Re: [NTLK] Palm negative comments

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 02:29:53 EST

on 06-12-2002 3:18, Julian Wright at julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz wrote:

> Anyway my experience with it has really reminded me why I like Newton
> better. It has no HWR, instead providing a mini keyboard, and yet I
> still have to tap on the screen with the stylus to perform some
> functions.
-snip-
> Oh, yeah, and there is NO universal Find function on this device.

Argh, talking about a badly designed OS!

Anybody ever notice how seldom you have to use your stylus if you use your
Newton with a keyboard?
Did only Apple really bother to spend the necessary R&D money when
developing the Newton OS or do the others just hire a under qualified team?!

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html