Re: [NTLK] Learn to Type program, MIA?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:18:54 EST

"victor_at_newtontalk.net" <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> Maybe Mimi from SONUG has a copy kicking around then. Mimi, are you
> listening? I know she used some kind of typing tutor...

In my formative years of using my eMate (what was that, about three
months ago now?), I kept running across references to a typing program
that shipped with the eMate, or was highly touted as the application
to use to learn to type. It was called UltraKey.

Did a search for it on Google, and found the web site. Don't have the
URL, but the company's name is Bytes of Learning ... so a good guess
would be www.bytesoflearning.com.

I sent them an e-mail asking if they had any copies, and they sent me
one! They also sent me a Mac version (a demo). Haven't installed
that yet, as I type 70 words a minute now (but I still want to type
faster).

Hope this helps, vague as it is ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html