Re: [NTLK] Re[2]: New touchscreen for MP 130

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 22:01:57 EST

on 07/12/02 16:36, Kuritex at kuritex_at_mail.i.com.ua wrote:

> LD> I would think that it might be economically making more sense just
> LD> getting a new (used) 130 then trying to have its touchscreen
> LD> replaced. Which bring the question, unless you have a specific
> LD> need for a 130, why not getting a 2100 or an upgraded 2000?
>
> Well, Laurent, all you said sounds great and earnestly as well, but
> don't forget that I dwell in the Eastern Europe, whilst most of thouse
> 2100s or upgraded 2000s are shipping in the United States only - a
> conuclusion I drew while browsing the search reports for MP 2xxx newts
> on Ebay.com... That's the way the world wags!

I understand your problem. I think that Mark Ross of NuShields has offered a
few times to receive goods bought in the US and reship overseas. You might
want to send him an email, unless you're really hooked on the iBook...

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."