[NTLK] NewtSync and DHCP

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 15:43:05 EST

I'm still having trouble with my TCP/IP connections. When I try to use
NewtSync, on the Newton side it says "Loading the DHCP protocol..." for
a while, and then that dialog disappears and NewtSync just sits there.

Here's my set-up: I have a cable modem, connected to a D-Link 4-port
router. Connected to the router are my Mac (IP 192.168.0.124) and a
Linksys wireless access point. The router has a built-in DHCP server
and other goodies.

On the Mac, I have NewtSync, and the firewall is off. The Mac uses the
router's DHCP server, so I know *that* works.

On the Newt, I have the 802.11b WaveLAN driver, registered, with the
correct WEP password. I also have Internet Setup, ISP Templates, Newton
Devices, Newton Internet, NewtSync (obviously), NIE Ethernet, NIE Modem
& Serial, and (since this morning) NIE Patch. In Internet Setup, I've
created a setup called 'Home Wireless', which is a generic setup
configured to use a DHCP server, a Linksys WPC11 card, and no domain
name.

In NewtSync, I set the Connect Via to TCP/IP, the IP address to
192.168.0.124 (that's the Mac), hit 'Connect', in the slip that comes
up I make sure the Home Wireless setup and Linksys WPC11 are selected,
and tap 'Connect' again (all the while, NewtSync on the Mac is trying
to establish a connection as well).

Any suggestions as to what's going wrong?

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove