Re: [NTLK] Newton Fund Startup Steps

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 09:17:09 EST

>On 12/9/02 @ 2:01 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
>
>But, we can all help to support those current projects we know and love
>without having to create some arms-length managed fund. If you like the
>SER-001 and what David Humphreys is doing, send him some money on your
>own account. Likewise, if you trust what Victor is doing, buy a
>NewtonTalk shirt or an UNNA CD. Go and register your copy of NewtsCape or
>ATA Support or the WaveLan Driver. Purchase a serial number for John's
>NewtSync. Donate some money to the Newted Community. That's how we can
>pull together - simply.

Well put Grant.

>Complex things don't work without a lot of support and resources. As much
>as I love this community and the people who occupy it, I don't think
>we're ready for such a huge commitment as a development fund.

So very true.

What starts out as a great idea can quickly become unrully to implement
and manage.

Just look at our OT threads. So many diverse opinions in this community.

Would the community have come up with the SER001, ATA Driver and NewtSync
for example? Maybe, maybe not.

To those who are creating wonderful new enhancements for the Newt, thank
you for your efforts -- my dollars are ready to be spent...

Sushi

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html