Re: [NTLK] 2nd Request for Help connecting with NEXTEL

From: Jeffrey M. Swiger (N8NOE_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 09:01:28 EST

I also was looking for some follow-up.. I find Nextel to be less than
helpful trying to get an answer from them is like pulling teeth!..
If you have the Serial Cable, connect to the Nextel And Newton, Go into
a Terminal and try to initiate the Second number of the phone
With Data capabilities you'll have a second number, If you can initiate
the Modem, Your good!.. I use the i85, and have worked with Java.
As of now, I use the Two-Way and the Phone, I have completely gave up
on Nextel!.. There is a Nextel Group on Yahoo, There have been a lot of
people asking questions and getting some help. I don't know but you
might try?
But your Question is Connecting to the Newton, You'll need the
Nextel/Motorola Serial Cable, and Dongle! I use the SER-001...

Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html