Re: [NTLK] inkwell vs. rosetta...

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 12:19:43 EST

Well... I've used Ink with both a Wacom Graphire and a Wacom Intuos,
and with my Graphire Ink was next-to-unusable. I think the main
difference was that the Intuos has lines in the background, like a
sheet of paper. I haven't tried putting a sheet of paper behind the
clear plastic sheet of my Graphire to help me write in a straight line.
Another difficulty is the disconnect between your writing surface and
the surface on which your ink appears... on the Newton, your ink
appears directly under the pen, just like the traditional medium.

Basically, I think that one could get used to Ink on the Mac, and it's
very handy for graphics pros who live on their tablet and just want to
enter a bit of text here and there, but personally given the choice
between a keyboard and any other input medium, I'll always choose the
keyboard.

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html