[NTLK] Crying for help: Lotus Organizer vs Russian encodings

From: Kuritex (kuritex_at_mail.i.com.ua)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 07:33:04 EST

Hello Newtontalk,

Just faced a certain problem beacuse of my own carelessness. Got a
MP130 well-lined with numerous notes in Russian, connected it to PS's
COM-port, loaded subsequently Newton Connection utility plus Lotus
Organizer as well - and started playig with NCU's 'Synchronize' button
afterwards. Actually, this was generally a screen-gazing at running
NCU (selected Sync option in the NCU's GUI, selected Lotus Organizer
file format, ran synchronization...), so as soon as I felt got an
eyeful loading bar picture, I powered off PC with Newt and just fell
asleep after that. This morning, however, I discovered that the entire
Russian content in the Newt' Notepad turned to awful solid asterisk
lines!.. For now, I'm looking for efficient solution for such a
probled (I just want to get all my Russian notes displayed properly!)
- but see no way how to do this.

Can anybody drop me an advise how to cope this 'asterisk' problem?

TIA,
Leonid G. Bashkirov

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html