Re: [NTLK] a few questions

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 14:50:03 EST

Original Message:
-----------------
From: inowicki_at_students.depaul.edu
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:34:01 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [NTLK] a few questions

>1. I have the iTunes and madmax sync working however, the songs I
>download to the newt play really choppy. Do I have to convert them to 40
>before I download them?

The Newt can't handle anything over around 96 or 64kbps yet. You should re-encode your files first, yes. You can also c=
onvert them to mono as well, since the Newt doesn't have stereo playback.

>2. I installed the ATA drivers and it worked wonderfully, of course only
>being able to use 4 meg in demo mode. I was just wondering, with a 256
>meg cf card after I purchase the driver, will I be able to use the full
>256 megs?

Yes. That's why one's a demo, and one's the full version :) Although in practice, you might have to split that 256MB ca=
rd up into multiple Newton stores; the entire card might appear as two or three separate "cards". Check the compatabilit=
y database for users' reports:

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/compat/

One person in particular had to partition his 128MB card into four partitions first, and then he could re-partition it in=
to one big store.

-V

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/