[NTLK] GPL confusion (NewtSync??)

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 12:32:35 EST

Hi all,
I've read a number of posts on this list (over its lifetime) that indicate
that not everyone really understands how the GPL works- so here's the
answer to one common question:
What uses of GPL software require that my program also be licensed under the
GPL?
(command line invocation does NOT!)
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation

And an explanation of the Lesser GPL (formerly the Library GPL):
The executive summary is that dynamically linking to an LGPL library does
not make your program LGPL or GPL.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html

Keep up the great work all you developers out there! Hopefully unhindered
by licenses you don't agree with!
/Sam

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html