[NTLK] NewtSync and what am I doing wrong?

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:13:49 EST

Hi all,

I am trying to make NewtSync work for me. I have a working 3c589D, all th=
e=20
drivers are installed, the network setup is good (I can see other machine=
s=20
via TCP/IP).

I installed the pkg and the OS X piece and am now trying to make the two =
talk=20
to each other.

On the Mac, I start NewtSync (the latest version, I d/l it fresh from the=
=20
server). The Mac firewall is off, so no problem with the port there.

After entering the IP address on the Newton and pressing connect and sele=
cting=20
the home network and getting the DHCP IP address assigned, it says=20
'Instantiating the endpoint ...'. And this is how far it goes, nothing fr=
om=20
here. What am I doing wrong? The little green light on the 3Com cable sta=
ys=20
on, the light on the hub is on (10 MBit/sec), everything else seems to be=
=20
working, just not NewtSync.

Best regards,
Chris
--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html