[NTLK] Another programming question: how to debug without ser. cable

From: Thomas Tempelmann (listuser_at_tempel.org)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:08:11 EST

When I recently moved from the US to Germany I had to leave a lot of
stuff behind in tmp. storage. This includes, unfortunately, also my
Dongle to connect Newton to Mac/PC.

Now, I'd like to do a little NewtonScript programming but can obviously
not use the debug "print" function for tracing what's going on.

I woner what alternatives I have when I want to see values I compute in
the running script.

With the help of VewFrame, I imagine this:

I have a global var, to which I add array elems for each value I like to
trace. then I can view these recorded values with VF later.

How would I accomplish this? Can someone give me the code for creation
of, clearing of and adding to the global var?

Thomas

--
Thomas Tempelmann,
http://www.tempel.org/rb/