Re: [NTLK] OMP battery packs

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:37:14 EST

Thanks for the info Peter.

Yup, but it's not recommended to solder on the terminals of batteries that
don't have the tabs. It's said that heating the battery to those temps could
destroy or dramatically alter the expected life of the battery. I'm sure the
same happens with tabbed batteries, but, at least with the tabs you have a
litte extra room to use a heat sink.

Don't think I want to try rebuilding another one. Now that it seems there is
a large source of cages available.