[NTLK] C++ developers

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 10:42:30 EST

I've been looking into the possibility of creating some kind of program that
could provide the newton with basic speech recognition.

  I'm thinking about the way most cellular phones today allow you to record
the name of a person and have it dialled later just repeating the same word.
    Wouldn't that be useful on the newton? Kind of what we can do with
those programs that launch an app writing a letter in a box, but with voice.

    What's needed is a piece of code to compare two sounds.
    It seems that there are some open-source projects for basic
word-by-word, user-dependant voice recognition. C code goes far beyond my
programming abilities, but there are some developers in this list that
could do the porting.
    I could do the NS part of this program.
    Anybody for the C++ part? am I dreaming and this is nonsense?

Daniel Padilla

http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html