Re: [NTLK] PrintLink does nothing?

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 08:45:13 EST

On 15 Dec 2002 at 0:40, Daniel Padilla wrote:

> I have the same problem. I have used it in the past, but now, with a
> new USB printer, it does nothing.
> Are you using a USB printer too?

No, a middle-aged HP Deskjet 610c, connected to the PC via a good ol'
parallel cable I've had for over 12 years.

Besides, if the problem were the printer or the printer cable, why
doesn't the preview area show anything? Printlink appears to simulate
an HP DeskWriter in order to get a page from the Newt, and then it is
supposed to output that page via the Windows printing system. But it
doesn't even seem to get as far as that.

Julian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html