Re: [NTLK] OT: WWW history was I got laid off today

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 14:11:57 EST

On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 12:45 AM, Glen Warner wrote:
<snip>
>> I have too much exp. into my tenth year on the web.
>
> Me too ... but I have never touched .net, which is what the '10
> years experience' part of the message you're replying to was about.
> Did I mention .net was released about two years ago?
<snip>

Actully Glen I think he does get it, and I think he's making reference
to the fact that the World wide Web is not 10 years old.... See
Below...

"University of Illinois' NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing
Applications), led a team of graduate students (including Eric Bina)
which, in February of 1993, released the first alpha version of his
"Mosaic for X" point-and-click graphical browser for the Web
implemented for UNIX. In August of 1993, Andreesen and his fellow
programmers released free versions of their Mosaic for Macintosh and
Windows operating systems."

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html