Re: [NTLK] ATTENTION. Please read this.

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 17:43:04 EST

On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 02:22 PM, Glen Warner wrote:

> 'sister' publications. You might suggest a Newton Forum to their
> webmaster -- provided they still have forums. Here's their web site:
>
> http://www.macformat.co.uk

It seems that this sort of conversation has come up a few times
recently.

I personally don't know why people are so eager to get web forums.
They're not good for reading, they're not good for posting, and they're
typically not very good for portable devices. We already have busy
newsgroups and a busy mailing list. I, personally, don't want to have
to keep up with another source of content related to one of my hobbies.
(I'm currently engaged in this debate with the owner of a NeXT web
forum, despite the very nice comp.sys.next.* groups.)

Could someone help me out with this? From where does the demand come?

-awc

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html