Re: [NTLK] Subject: MoreInfo?

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:58:06 EST

> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:12:33 -0600
> Subject: [NTLK] MoreInfo?
> From: Jeff Abbott <jabbott_at_ninewire.net>
>

> Any thoughts on MoreInfo's stability, affect on other programs if any,
> overall usefulness, etc.?

it doesnt sync with ical over newtsync (yet)

there is no way to sync that link information between
contacts/events/notes/todos and other stuff with a desktop app. i think this
is a minus, especially if you get dependent on this functionality over time.

more info takes so much heap, its only reasonable to use on an upgraded 2000
or a 2100 unit, or a 2000 without dashboard (dashboard is a hygiene factor
for me - thanks five speed!)

other things? well, yes it seems like the default newt overview is more
comprehensible, but that is certainly a matter of taste.

if youre into a text-based environment with a lots of functions, hten MI is
the choice, if you like the more graphical and (in my opinion) more
intuitive interface of the default dates app and need the heap and the
storage space, i would recommend you to avoid MI.

bugs? i recall that it has happened that someones data got corrupted, but i
cant confirm this.

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net