Re: [NTLK] Finding a problem package.....

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 01:51:33 EST

on 16/12/02 23:11, David Orriss Jr at dave_at_davenet.net wrote:

> I'm trying to backup my newton. During the phase on the external card where
> it
> NCU/Win says "backing up packages" it crashes with the "-1" error. I can only
> assume there's some package that's being bitchy.

Might not be about a specific 'bitchy' package, but when backing one of
them, it might get some delays that make NCU freaks out. Are you running
SlowDown? The other way would be to delete those packages before backing up,
assuming you have them on your computer but that's not very convenient...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor users get is the finger.