[NTLK] Three programming questions

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 16:24:55 EST

        Hey, all,

        I've got a couple of programming questions. Three, in fact:

        1) I can call kGetPartCursorFunc to get an extras drawer item.
However, if I don't have an extras drawer item that matches the app
string I pass in, it will give me some other item. I'd like to verify
that the item it gives me back is the one I asked for. I've tried
checking the string I pass in against the text slot of the entry I get
back, but they typically don't match. Anyone know how I can do this?

        2) How can I programmatically create and populate an outline or
checklist in Notes?

        / and /
        3) Anyone know how to programmatically open a book to a certain
topic? I can do it to a given page, but I don't know how to do it to a
topic.

        Thanks,

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 83:
If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have
to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of
us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html