[NTLK] hacking an audio out

From: edwardmccaughan (madscientist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 11:16:35 EST

this is with referance to the hack to put a earphone socket in a 2100
by making a bridge over the speaker (see the diagram that i am using at
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/audio.htm)
in theory when you have the earphones are in the speaker will mute and
the earphones will start playing. when you take the earphones out the
speaker will come back on.
i have it sort of fucntioning, but for some reason when the earphones
are out, the speaker wont go on and when i put them in the both play
the sound. another thing it took me a while to notice why, but if there
is no earphone in and the soilder joing where the red wire from the
speaker to the in pin on the socket touches the irda casing, the
speaker will start to play.
anyone got any idea what the heck is going on?

WTB in the uk-
-keyboard
-ethernet card
-screen door (or at least the hinge)
-titanium stylus

if you have any of these, please email me off-list

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html