Re: [NTLK] Making books, an alternative

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 19:53:39 EST

SEE, to me that only counts if you want to keep all the bold and other font stuff. plus you need newtscape in order for that to work. i have found just dropping the text into newton press and then installing the book into my newt to be quite as easy. if its in book form,its on my newt and i can read it then its perfect. everyone may not use or have newtscape so its good that there are alternatives for them. IMO of course.

LAG

 rich_at_thisoldnewt.net wrote:
Here is a simple way to greate a quick book:

open your e-text (.txt or rtf file) in MS word.

Format bold and font size etc.

Save as html file (word does this with a wave of a wand)

drop that html file into paperback OR import it into Newton Works.

Open it on the Newt with Newtscape. Use Newtscape prefs to make text bigger or
smaller.

Doing this allows formating to stay and its easier to make then Newton press. You give
up a little but its sooooo easy to do.

Rich
www.thisoldnewt.com