[NTLK] how my newtontalk shirt saved the life of a newton

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 23:44:14 EST

tonight i was shopping in an OfficeMax store, and had a question for
the help. as we discussed things, i got too warm and took off my
jacket, to reveal my newtontalk t-shirt. noticed another staff person
looking me up and down a tiny bit too interestedly, and thought, oh -
this guy looks...interested. so i was prepared to politely rebuff an
approach when after the first conversation, he walked up and said "mind
if i ask you a question?"

turns out he blew up the rechargeable battery pack in his mp 2000
(anyone ever seen one SPARK?) and is worried whether the mp is dead. i
gave him some steps to try, as well as my email address, and told him
i'd spend as much time as it takes to bring it back into service.

because, as i told him, he's not allowed to let it die.

-- peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html