Re: [NTLK] Newtsync connect over serial problem

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 13:47:26 EST

Ports: Modem/printer, Infrared, Modem, TCP/IP.

I have tried restarting both PB (restart and cold start) and Newt
(reset button). No change.

Reinstalled Newtsync on the Newt and on the PB. No change.

This happened after I had a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter connected to
my USB PCMCIA card. Your program did recognize the ports on the
Keyspan, but could not connect to the Newt through it. When I
disconnected everything, the problem started.

Any prefs that can be deleted?

NewTen connected just fine with the Keyspan.

The reason I had the Keyspan connected is that I am using it to sync
Pocket Quicken Connect to the Newt via the Keyspan under Classic.
Without the Keyspan PQC cannot see the serial port inside Classic, but
it can going through the Keyspan. Works great, I don't have to launch
OS 9 to upload Quicken.

I wish someone would make an extension so older (PQC) OS 9 apps that
need to access the motherboard serial port can be used in Classic. I
know NewTen does, but I am talking about OLD apps i.e. Mac apps for
the Newt.

Rolf Brakvatne

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html