Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA Network Card

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 01:20:52 EST

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 11:52:28PM -0600, Jeff Kuo wrote:
> I want to buy a PCMCIA Ethernet card for my Newton 2100..... Which one
> will work? My friend works at CompUSA and he has access to Linksys,
> Netgear, Belkin, SMC and Seimen.

All of those are probably way too new to work. I've got an EtherLink III
card (3C589C) card that works just fine though. Search ebay for one, and
make sure you find one that has the accompanying cable.

> Do I need drivers? If so, where can I find them? I want to be able to
> sync via AppleTalk in OS X

There's some drivers that will be needed, yes...
See http://www.unna.org/unna/drivers/ethernet/

--
2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.