Re: [NTLK] Letter Shapes in HWR Prefs

From: eschneck_at_mindspring.com
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 08:34:17 EST

I am not by any means a M$ fan, but think there are some factual errors
here:

------------------------------
On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Chris Ruprecht wrote:

> Did Micro$oft steal this from Apple (thieves, pirate=3D
> Any explanations to this?

I believe that all of the technology was cross-licensed after M$'s $150MM
investment in Apple=2E This included might have been included=2E

------------------------------

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Ashley W Campbell <awc2_at_andrew=2Ecmu=2Eedu> wrote:

> You may all recall MS killing Go and
> doing a number on the Newton by promising (and never releasing) Pen
> Windows=2E=20
Not true=2E They released versions of Pen Windows for Windows 3=2E1 and fo=
Windows 95, and they both ran reasonable well on my Compaq Concerto tablet=
=2E
The HWR was not great, but the rest of the integration was well done=2E

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html