Re: [NTLK] Newt Was Stolen!

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 12:23:23 EST

Kleptos... :-(

Do make the police report--the quicker the better. At work, plant security
recommended that to me when my 110 was stolen back in the early '90s. Most
law enforcement agencies will take reports over the phone.

Stolen serial numbers are registered nationally. Pawn shops regularly (are
required to?) check the list in an effort to keep from knowingly buying
stolen goods. I wonder if they sick the cops on a seller who tries to sell a
Newton (or perhaps even less significant items) with a hot serial number.

Book 'em, Dano!

Doug Parker

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html