[NTLK] Zaurus in Germany: Port NOS?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 06:32:32 EST

Zaurus in Germany: Port NOS?

Well re the NOS: I presume it is a rom image. Now I
know that the rom image from mac classics can be
exported to disk (how is another thing: that I do not
know).

Also I found my copy of some fellows program which
extracts packages into p-code. Now I admit this idea
does have the word Urheberrechtverletzung written all
over it, but reverse engineering is legal. So, and
really I am just speculating, if the NOS were
exportable from the rom image (presuming its embedded
in the rom) could it possibly be extracted into p
code? I somehow doubt the wrote directly in assembler,
or maybe only for optimisation. Plus I wonder what
would happen if I ran package extractor on the nos
upgrades... hmmm...

Seriously what do people think? Would it be possible
to port the NOS to the zaurus (mind you if apple is
going to can their newton web site that is a very bad
sign).

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.geocities.com/engleerica/ (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton!)
Losers are winners if they've got no enemies.