[NTLK] Syncing. Was... "A Blast from the Past"

From: Marcy (marcy_at_marcycom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 17:39:10 EST

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] A Blast from the Past (Somewhat OT)
>

> Yup - I'll absolutely agree with that. Desktop connectivity suck(s, ed). An
> area of needed improvement.
>
> Paul Nuernberger

This bring up a point that I've been working on getting a desktop sync with
my Newt for quite some time now. An embarrassingly long time.
I now have the connection with ethernet, but I want a working copy of my
names and dates files. I don't know why I have had such a problem, except:

I use MoreInfo but the problem is with the fact that I use Affiliates Plus
(an add-on program). What it does is you can list a company with many
"affiliates" at that company (ie. Tom, Dick and Harry). So that is one
listing on my Newt. Whereas without those programs: Tom, Dick and Harry at
ABC Company would be three listings in Palm Desktop, Now Contact, and Claris
Organizer. SO... I don't know how to do it.

What do you use on your Newton for names & dates? And what do you smoothly
sync to on your Mac?

I've tried so many combinations of trying to get working data on my Mac....
RCU & Accordian for a MoreInfo to FileMaker Pro
Newton to Now Contact & Up-to-Date

How do you do it?