Re: [NTLK] Swedish on a US UMP2k

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 17:17:46 EST

on 02-02-2002 2:38, Frank Gruendel at Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de wrote:

> as if I hadn't enough to do as it is, my wife talked me into registering for
> a Swedish course.
> Of course I want to show off my MP by taking all notes on it, but as I
> don't know a single word of Swedish, I wonder if this is possible with
> a US UMP2k. Does it provide all characters I'd need (assuming this
> language has some special characters as most other languages do)?

I don't have the first idea about Swedish and you'll probably get a better
answer from somebody that does, but I just tried to do an 'a' with the
little circle on top and a 'o' with the diagonal line through it and they
were both recognized without a problem.

> If it doesn't, is there something I could do about it? Is there
> maybe even a (freeware) dictionary?

Now the only dictionary builder that I know is Paul (Guyot) and he has
French, Italian, Dutch, Finnish, Estonian, Danish and Brazilian Portuguese
on his site, so sorry, doesn't look that there's a Swedish one.

Robert