Re: [NTLK] E-mail (browse mode) download speed

From: Andre Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 10:33:03 EST

-----Message d'origine-----
De : newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net]De la part de Laurent Daudelin
Envoye : lundi 4 fevrier 2002 16:21
A : newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Objet : Re: [NTLK] E-mail (browse mode) download speed

On 04/02/02 10:07, "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:
<snip>
>> That sounds very slow. Did you have the memory in you eMate upgraded?
>>
>> -Laurent.
>

> Laurent,
>
> Unfortunately it has the standard memory configuration. My son has an
eMate
> with a Newer card and his is much faster.

As you probably already know, getting the memory upgrade would help
tremendously. With less memory, the system has to swap things in and out the
main memory more often, resulting in a less than optimal performance...

-Laurent.

--

After upgrading from a 2000 (still have it) to a 2100 I can certianly attest to this! The extra 3MB of ram makes a huge difference, especially when to internet things.

Andre