[NTLK] Dynamically Built Newton Books??

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 08:23:43 EST

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 22:50:13 -0800
> From: "Robert Hoehn" <rob_at_hoehn.com>
>

> I was talking with someone that is building a new site that serves some
> of the documents in Palm Doc format. He said that he builds them
> dynamically so that whenever the documents are changed, they are built
> automatically when downloaded. Is this possible in the newton book
> format?

I'm not sure if you're asking about changes to same documents,
or about any new docs that are added. also depends whether source is
available.

you could of course just download the updated/new generated DOC format files
directly using the PilotDoc plugin -- I'm not sure if this could be done
automatically or not via Scheduling bookmarks in Newt's Cape (only tested
really for web pages/graphics).

or if HTML source were available, you could regenerate the book yourself.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com