Re: [NTLK] $150 Newtons

From: Michael Bain (UIDnt0102_at_macboy.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:37:26 EST

* Andrew Diller <dillera_at_sudanacid.com> [ 5 Feb 2002 08:25]:

> Hi I got one of these. Since this is my first 2x00 newton with the wierd
> serial cable I didn't realize that the one that came was non-standard. What
> is different about the ones coming from mr2hand and the 'regular' serial
> cable?

I don't know about the ones from Mr2ndHand, but the package I got from
Jerry Brown at Product Resale has a contiguous, molded Interconnect ->
PC Serial cable. This is different from the serial cable my girlfriend
got with her Newton. Hers is a combination of the interconnect 'dongle'
and a Mac DIN-8 -> PC DB9 serial cable.

> I would agree that my newton is a tad on the 'well worn' side, but I am
> very very happy with it.

 Actually, the only thing that looked 'well worn' in my batch was the
 stylus nibs, other than that they hardly look worn at all!

 Mike

--
Michael Bain           | One day I want to look through three hundred
mike_at_macboy.homeip.net | thousand kilometres of space and say: