[NTLK] hardcore hardware hack

From: Scotty Technoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 18:26:45 EST

gang-
can anyone comment on the viability of 'rollin your own' newt? looking at my
MP2K, i see that [with today's technology] we could saw off the bottom
battery zone. if we sacrificed a PC slot [or adapted to ATA/compact flash
hardware] we could plane down the thickness quite considerably.

in short, what is the likelihood of successfully removing the screen and
innards and re-casing everything into a slimmer form factor [ignoring the
lack of an existing suitable case]?

thnx
scotty technoir