Re: [NTLK] problems

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 04:33:32 EST

on 04-02-2002 12:21, +Priestmonk Bartholomew at monk_at_bigisland.com wrote:

> downlded star chart and ok pkg...but moonmap looks like box icon and
> packtype will not open (help, steve!)
> ether conn....doesnt recognize book and have to search for macs then can
> work, xport not recognizing book...it all worked last time (defrag?)
> (help, dan!)
> beat it! doesnt make a sound (help, way!)

Sounds like there's something really wrong with your Newt, first try to do a
soft reset (pushing the reset button on the back) and start up without
extensions enabled (you do this by keeping your stylus on your screen half
an inch from the edge of the screen on the left hand side) and see if the
problems persist, you can selectively activate packages afterwards to try
and find the culprit.

Otherwise it might be time for a brain wipe (backup twice, remove memory
card(s) and turn on while pushing the reset button on the backside, keep
holding both for a few seconds, release the reset button and keep holding
the power button until a message appears if you want to erase your newt
completely.

Afterwards you can restore, I would do this without your system info

> ordering 32 mb from gem (40? they want 52 bux now) do i need a driver to
> recognize this large card?

Absolutely not, works without a sweat.

Robert Benschop