Re: [NTLK] Ethernet connection

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 22:05:44 EST

on 07/02/02 18:56, Marcy at marcy_at_marcycom.com wrote:

> I have a 2100 with a ethernet card and cable. Able to connect to the net
> with the card but not my other Macs. All machines are connected to a hub,
> but none "see" the Newton and visa versa. All systems are set to AppleTalk
> Ethernet, all are able to get online via the cable modem, but I want to back
> up the Newton to the desktop. Any thoughts on why this may not be working?
> Does it matter the versions of AppleTalk?

The versions of AppleTalk doesn't matter. Do like another reader suggested.
Make sure that AppleTalk is set to use the Ethernet card in your Newton.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM bug!"