Re: [NTLK] eMate vs. 2100

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 12:40:04 EST

Rolf wrote:
> How is the e-mail download speed of a 2100 compared to that=20
> of an eMate (600K free memory with a 32MB card). This would=20
> be a DSL connection via a Farrallon card. 28 messages (small)=20
> take 6 to 7 minutes to download on the eMate. Would I see a=20
> large difference moving to a 2100. Thanks.

        The 2100 just screams compared to the eMate. As an eyeball
estimate, the 2100 (via ethernet) downloads typical 2K messages in 2-3
seconds. The eMate is quite a bit slower than this.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 197:
I will explain to my Legions of Terror that guns are ranged weapons and
swords are not. Anyone who attempts to throw a sword at the hero or club
him with a gun will be summarily executed.