Re: [NTLK] [OFF-Topic] Small World

From: templar (templar1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 20:37:20 EST

Meaningless statistics and totally irrelevant. It is not a small world
but a BIG world. The bulk of those who live in poverty or under the yoke
of some other ailment, affliction or other unpleasant situation can
blame the government they are unfortunate to live under and or their own
complicity in allowing themselves to be subjugated under adverse
conditions. Also, the staggering lack of enterprise of the citizens of
these third world/developing world countries is astounding. For
instance, does anyone really believe that if the Cuban people rose up en
masse that in the end the government of Fidel Castro would not fall in
short order. Granted, initially the military might support Castro and
lives would be lost but sooner rather than later they would see the
writing on the wall and support the people. It worked like that in
Romania and Mr. Caecescu and his wife got their just deserts.

This constant whining and crying about how poor, ill-educated, suffering
etc, etc, etc., the rest of the world is and what a tragedy it is and
how the developed/western world must help (namely with money) makes me
sick. Let me give you a statistic: The nation of India has received more
foreign aid (money only - not counting in kind contributions) since
independence of 50+ billion dollars. What has all that money down the
rat hole bought?
Nothing, zero, the big donut. This is a country with an out of control
population explosion that cannot feed the people it has, treats women
like chattel, dumps sewage into open pits, bulk of population living in
poverty (by any measure), massive brain drain and yet they spend money
on nuclear weapons in some pathetic quest to become a superpower. Yeah
right. The fact of the matter is that most countries currently in the
developed or third world will never emerge from their present situation.
To bad that's the way things are.

As an aside, I say let India and Pakistan slug it out with nuclear
weapons over the meaningless Kashmir and let Las Vegas oddsmakers handle
the betting. In so far as the nuclear cloud is concerned it should
dissipate nicely with acceptable radiation levels as per favorable
weather conditions.

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmble!

-Will