[NTLK] Small World [OT] Thread

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 10:33:50 EST

Ugh. This topic keeps popping up everywhere.

As a (once again) embarrassed American who routinely gets
told "if you think that way, why don't you get the hell out
of this country", I have two things to say:

1) Not all Americans are happy to revel in the
ultranationalism which was present always but has grown
ever so much more since September 11th. Not all of us think
that the flag-carrying of last night was entirely
appropriate. Apologies to everyone for the Americans who
fail to respect other cultures, opinions or non-American
lives.

2) PLEASE get this topic off of this list. I am tired of
being offended and of offending others since September 11th
with this kind of unresolvable discussion and if I get this
stuff in my inbox, I am gone.

-Aron