Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: mark d smith (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 14:10:16 EST

> If you want some fun, read Neil Stephenson's "In the Beginning....Was
> the=
> Command Line". It's a gas.

I normally like his stuff but anyone reading this one in about 5 years
will wonder what on earth he was babbling about. Sure, a lot of amusing
stuff in there but well, BeOS tanked (much to my regret), none of his
criticisms of MacOS are relevant anymore now that OS X is here and very
much the future of the Mac (whatever that turns out to be) and I have
to say that I think he painted a rather distorted picture of the Linux
world.

Well, my 2 cents anyway,

mark.