Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Blatant, stupid, off-topic messages

From: Alexander Andrade Leao (alexleao_at_mpcnet.com.br)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 20:38:44 EST

> Okay, that's it. I've had enough of blatant, stupid off-topic threads
> being started in this list for no reason at all.
>
> This is a Newton discussion group. That means that posts should be
> related to the Apple Newton MessagePad in some way, shape or form.
>
> Posting a URL to some site that it completely not Newton-related is not
> acceptable. Not when your message is being personally delivered to almost
> 1300 people's personal e-mail accounts. Over 1300 people. That is a lot
> of people!

So why you do permission to OT until now???

> They are only expecting Newton discussion. They do not expect
> political discussion, no matter how interesting, thought provoking, or
> blatantly stupid it is.

Stupid is the result of my post, with several closed mind messages as reply
(well some messages was very informative). I post that link not only to this
list, but to a list of lists and friends. But I dont understand: you are
ungry with my post or with the dweeb messages of some guys like templar???
Because my post and the "small World" is inofencive if you can analise it
with non partial sense. OT (sry, but it is not the first OT in this list),
but inofencive.

> Anyone who is signed up to this list expecting to
> see this kind of discussion, I cordially invite you to leave and find a
> form better suited for your topics.
>

> I am going to start unsubscribing people who do things like this. If such
> threads somehow develop out of other topics, fine, but posting such crap
> as a single URL that has no relation to anything else happening on the
> list is not acceptable

I not expect do this kind of discussion in this list anymore, and dont want
to leave this nice list. But I dont born with NewtonTalk and u can shot me
anytime. Sry. And AGAIN: CRAP is the reaction of the people!!!! Wheres your
sense of justice??? That link is for a PRIVATE reflection! Go talk about the
big nazi mounts, not about my inofencive post!

And lets start some nice talk about our green friend.. ;^)

Alex