Re: [NTLK] Apple PDA?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 23:55:46 EST

>On 2/10/02 @ 12:50, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>The deal was actually for Microsoft to provide Office
>on the Mac OS.

Yep, this has been stated in various publications when the deal was made.

>From there, people are now starting to extrapolate that
>there was some pact that Apple would kill the Newton
>then stay away from the PDA market for the duration of
>the agreement.

Good point, Laurent.

Of course non of us are or were on the BOD, so none of us will know for
sure other than what we can read in the open press, or company reports.

One thing that I do hope, is that MSFT continues to provide Office for
the Mac well past the five years. Having Office for the Mac has allowed
me to convert some Windows users over to the Mac at home. Most folks
seem to want to be able to take work home with them.

Sushi