Re: [NTLK] Apple PDA?

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 08:28:56 EST

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 09/02/02 07:30, good-dog_at_northshore.net at good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote=

> >> I don't believe in conpiracy theories either, but the "specific period"
> >> was 5 years. There never was any secrecy about this.

> > I've never heard this. Where can we read about this aspect of the deal?
>
> I don't know where you can read about it, but I agree with Michael and did
> read a few times about the 5 years deal. The deal was actually for Microsof=
> to provide Office on the Mac OS. From there, people are now starting to
> extrapolate that there was some pact that Apple would kill the Newton then
> stay away from the PDA market for the duration of the agreement.
>
> -Laurent.

So, even though the theory makes sense, we don't have any real facts,
just speculation.

Given how Apple has been smarter about unveiling products that actually
work well at the time of release since Jobs came back versus when the
Newton was prematurely let loose upon the world, we can only hope they
are cooking up something terribly kick-ass with real hwr.

Mark