Re: [NTLK] Did I get a decent deal

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 12:58:32 EST

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, JB wrote:

> 1. Can you tell me if I got a decent package for the price? For $35 plus
> shipping I got the Newton H1000 (with the dummy card in the slot), Newton
> Fax Modem (model No. H0005), Newton branded wetsuit, 2 extra stylus, Newton
> Information packet, Setup and Handwriting Guide, Fax Modem Handbook,
> MessagePad Handbook, Newton List Manager Handbook, ExpensePlus Software and
> Manual

Probably, sure.

> 2. What is the best website for me to start out with (I have an iMac and
> would like to get some apps for it. I haven't a clue how to do that.

Read the FAQ. Browse especially the parts on communicating with a desktop
PC. For software: http://www.unna.org/

> 3. Is this a Newton MessagePad 100 or does it have a different name? On the
> front top is "Newton" on the front bottom is "MessagePad" and on the back is
> "Model No. H1000" 1993 Apple Computer, Inc.

That's the most FAQ #2:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIA1e

> 4. If this is a Newton Message Pad 100 is it true there is a power supply
> that is for the 100 only?

False. any Newton-branded adapter will work in any Newton (Paul, *please*
add this line to IIB7 in the FAQ, I'm getting tired of answering it over
and over again). For the adapter specs:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB7