[NTLK] emate assembly

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:25:38 EST

Brad,

> received an emate in pieces and am trying to reassemble. Am not sure how to
> route the display cable. Are there any pictures or directions on how to do
> this. They would be greatly appreciated

This easy to do once you have seen it but very tricky to explain or
photograph. I'm going to think about this some more but in the mean time,
here goes.

Your best bet is to remove the hinge assembly from the case on the cable
side so that you can curl the cable first then slide the pin of the hinge
back inside the curled cable.

The curl is one turn and should already be trying to achieve this shape
naturally. You may need to tease the curl over the hinge with some blunt
tweezers and it will sort of spring into place.

You have to be careful that when you reassemble the screen casings that the
cable does not get pinched.

The path of the cable either side of the hinge is pretty clear. Make sure it
is trapped under the bottom right LCD bracket screw and that it follows a
path hugging the case on its way to the connector on the motherboard.

Joel.