Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 21:58:14 EST

The last (11 Feb) issue of eWeek has a title "Alernative thinking ...
Readers tout, flout, and pout about the options to Microsoft in the
enterprise." It seems that many previously non-Mac users like OS X
because of its UNIX base. "A PC user since 1984 and an IT professional
for an organization of 1,000 plus users, I'm buying my first Macs this
month. The operating system is simply superior. Gates & Co. have been
trying to rewrite Unix for 12 years. Apple is already there, with
security as a bonus. This bodes well for the future of my organization."

Now I still like things about OS 9.x. I use it at work. But I also use
OS X. One of the advantages of X is that some folks, like the fellow
above, are seeing the Mac in a new light. That's a good thing...

Sattinger's Law:
It works better if you plug it in.