Re: [NTLK] Syncing (once again) with PC...error occurs

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 22:09:57 EST

on 12/02/02 19:46, Drew Loker at lokerd_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Over the last several years, I have probably dumped an untold number of
> hours, maybe 60-80 hrs, maybe more, just on this one sinlge task! ANd I
> still can't get this to work. I have purchased Lotus Organizer and
> Intellisync most recently to once and for all try to get this sync stuff
> down. I want to sync my Newton with my desktop Lotus then sync Lotus to Act.
>
> But, I can't even get past step one. Every time I try to sync, I get an
> error:
>
> The connection was stopped because of a commuinication error. (-1)
>
> Is this related to the computer I am using right now to try to sync with (a
> Pentium III)? I can install correctly ok and do other things.

What speed is your Pentium III? I bet that it is too fast and NCU can't keep
the connection up. Try running SlowDown.exe. Start with the slowest
settings. Then, the next time, try increasing the speed, until it fails
again. I think it's in the FAQ, BTW <http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/>.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.