Re: [NTLK] Rumors Newton OS 3

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 22:51:45 EST

Hey, anyone else heard the rumors about Newton OS 3 (final version will not
carry that same name) being finalized for the new Apple PDA? Supposedly
built around the original Newton OS 2 but with a souped up itunes for music,
pictures and possibly compressed video (taking the place of quicktime).
Seems like I read it at a fairly reliable source (no, not spymac). Evidently
the OS is near completion and no one seems to have any information about
what it's going to run on. Supposedly will feature the best handwriting
recognition engine available (we already have it) and have a number of other
programs included with the OS. Anyone else hear this or did I just dream it?
Chet