Re: [NTLK] [OT] More Food for thought...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 23:08:47 EST

Yeah, but what IS the "right thing"? I don't expect
that Victor will be the "List Dad" forever, nor to I
require it. Some day in the future (as with all lists)
the moderator will no longer WANT to be the moderator.
Then we are at the mercy of whoever will fill the
place. I mean, think about it! We need something
written down, because what if (heaven forbid) I may
become the List Dad!!!
Ed (Judge Roy Bean: The "Hangin' List Dad)
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

<snip>
> to cross those lines
> > >
> > > How about "List Dad reserves the right to Do The
> Right Thing".
> > >
> > > Simple as that.
> > >
> > > Leave it to Victor's judgement.
> > >
> > > If someone comes on and starts a multi-day,
> multi-message flame war,
> Victor
> > > (or designee) gives him the royal boot for as
> long as he deems
> appropriate.
> > >
> > > It's a mailing list bygosh, not a congressional
> committee. Most of us
> know
> > > what to do (don't stray too far/too often from
> topic, trim quoted text
> when
> > > replying, don't use the list as your personal
> soapbox for unrelated
> > > issues). I'd be perfectly happy to see List Dad
> just take whatever
> action
> > > he decides is necessary.
> >
> > I think this should be called hte Penalty Box.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -